Saturday, May 2, 2015

Rooftop Prince ~ up to episode 4

So far, this show is falling into the "like" category. I am not in "love" with it, but we are just getting the roller coaster started. This episode in particular I am having a love-hate relationship with.

This guy:

And his sparkly yellow shirt crack me up. The side-kicks are not in this nearly enough. I about fell out of my bed laughing at the car wash scene- you know the one I'm talking about. These guys need to featured way more than they have been so far.

More review/spoilers after the jump



Again, I am liking the show, but there is nothing compelling me to watch each episode other than I want to see how things play out. I am not going to stay up until 5:00 am to marathon this. I've been watching a show and a half when I have time to watch and I'm good with that. So far it hasn't forced me to hit the "next episode" button like City Hunter, Healer, BOF, and Pride and Prejudice did. Still, I am enjoying what I'm watching; I'm not sad that I spent my few hours watching the show.

So far, it's a recommendation to anyone who enjoys a good K-drama, or even a good time travelling drama. I am a fan of these types of shows where you put someone from a past era into modern times; it's always fun to see people surprised by our modern inventions. It gives me a new appreciation of everything we have nowadays and reminds me of how much we romanticize the past. Life reflections FTW.

And American actors SUCK in K-dramas. I don't know where they find the dopiest people on the planet, or how they get them to say the cheesiest lines without one of them saying "Hey, as an American, I would never say that." That's why my future job is to be in the Korean entertainment industry as the person that fixes the English dialogue and makes sure the Koreans all pronounce the English words correctly. That has to be a job, right? If not, I'm inventing it and claiming it as my own...


The stuff going on with her store is very sad. That sister is evil incarnate to rip up a $40,000 check just to send her sister back to America. Yet, in the same episode, we are supposed to be happy for her getting engaged to a murderer. I mean, the whole scene with her in the dress and him doing the ring thing was so freakin' sweet. He was being cute, she was being cute, they were all cuteness and bubbles and light and they make you smile...then you remember what horrible people they both are and you feel so conflicted that you have to go vomit to cleanse your aura. Well, not really, but those two make me confused. I thought we weren't supposed to like them...question mark?

The rest of the show has been pretty standard, although I think it does a good job of standing out by not being totally by-the-book. We have our two leads "fighting" which ends in a wrist grab:


Can't help it...that's what I think every time I see a wrist grab now.

The punching the guy into the water scene was a little weird. Again, I understand the symmetry, and it somewhat made sense after he started narrating what was going on while he was in the water, but let's go back to modern times...

Seriously no one jumped in to save him until the coast guard came? And by the time they fished him out and got him in the ambulance, they were doing CPR on him...he would have been dead before they got him out of the water. Then, they were doing CPR on him, even though he had a heart beat? Because they shocked him after he flat lined...which meant they were doing compression on a beating heart, which is totes bad medicine, right?

So he wasn't breathing, no heartbeat for a while because they charged up and shocked him like 10 times...when he did finally come back he would be brain dead, right? I've watched enough Grey's Anatomy, ER, and House to know that's the case.

However, I am willing to suspend all this disbelief because...MAGIC! Right? I mean, if we can time travel during a horse jump over a cliff during a full moon eclipse and materialize in a random-not-so-random girl's apartment, why can't we come back to life which no medical consequences whatsoever? It makes sense in this universe.

And the end of the episode was a great set up. I am a little curious now. Now, he means business. He is going to pretend to be Tae Yong? Or, during this dramatic almost dying the same way as his doppelganger incident, did he get some Tae Yong's memories/personality? It's magic, dude, it could totally happen! Anything could happen! That was a good last cut of the episode, I will have to watch more tomorrow and I am looking forward to seeing how this story line now plays out. Just exactly what happened to you while you were dead, Prince/Tae Yong aka Mr. Red?  Are you going to look like this now:



Please? The long hair doesn't look bad but it's killing me slowly inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment