Monday, August 17, 2015

Angel Eyes - Episodes 1-4


There is an episode of Running Man I found that was RM vs. Angel Eyes cast. It was a cute episode; it took me a while to place Jan Di and the guy from Personal Taste but in the end I was sold on the show when I realized Seungri was on it. He is my Big Bang bias after all.

I am a few episodes in and I am liking it alright but I have some speculations that I want to commit to paper (or computer as the case may be) before I get farther into the show.

Follow the jump for spoilerish talk...




First of all, I don't know if I will recommend this show to my best K-drama friend simply because there is so much "mom death" in the show. I haven't had a mom or grandma pass away on me yet but I still got hit the feels a few episodes in when Dong Joo's omma died. My friend's mom died a few years back and she has told me it is difficult for her watch things on TV when it pertains to moms and sadness. Therefore, I will warn her of this if she chooses to watch it. I am warning you of it now as well.

This is the type of show that by the end of the first episode you are like...this is too happy. Something really really bad is going to happen because everyone is way too frickin' happy. Second episode makes it even worse cause it's even frickin' happier! Everyone is so happy happy happy.

So you know it's gonna hit the fan. And it does. With "mom death." And I guess the main doctor, who is the blind girl's dad, didn't do as much CPR as he could have to save her and feels guilty about that. However, what he doesn't know is someone gave her some meds to kill her so his efforts were in vain regardless. What I don't understand is

1) Her light to cross the street was green. How in the world did she almost get hit by 1 car then actually get hit by a second car? Do red lights not mean stop in Korea? It seems like everyone crosses the street normally, they look both ways, it's clear, they walk. Then some ass comes from no where and sees a red light and goes "Oh I am gonna step on the gas and speed through so maybe no one will see me. Wait their's a person in the middle of the cross walk? F*** 'em." I know it's a plot device but seriously. Walking in Korea is frickin' dangerous.

2) She supposedly, at night, saw the car that hit her? No way. And she told her son it was blue-ish and nice...that's not a description to be scared of. I would be more scared of CCTV cameras that are most likely nearby. Did we really have to kill the mom because she might have saw the car?

Again, plot devices, I get it. But who was speeding through the intersection? Obviously someone that made the police detective quit/retire from his job early and start boozing it up. So probably a politician or a gangster. Right? That hasn't come into play much yet but I am waiting for that to all reveal itself.

And we all know the mom had to die to give Soo Wan her eyes. Weird, but that's the whole point of the show.

Fast forward a bit, he comes back and he won't just tell her he's Dong Joo, he is now Dylan. Ok, sure. He should just tell her but...plot. And I feel like she should have figured it out. She has hinted at knowing about it but I think her senses would tell her who he is, even after 12 years. And I want them to get back together, they were so darn cute as teenagers!

But then, they make you like the neurosurgeon! Ji Woon isn't a dick, like he is in Personal Taste. He's likable and you are kinda rooting for them. That makes it so difficult! I want her to be with her true love but really, either option is acceptable. Which is why it's hard for Dong Joo to walk away. If she was dating a tool, he would be okay stealing her away. But she's not, therefore he doesn't want to step in. Yet you are totally rooting for their lost love. Ugh, it's kinda frustrating!

So who will she end up with? I mean she has to end up with the main guy, right? Or what's the point of the show? What I can't wait to see is how they are going to reveal that his dad died saving her mom- well they died together but that is an event that happened. And I don't know if it's going to bring them together or push them apart. It's going to make one of them really mad or really sympathetic, I am not sure which yet. But I am waiting for that moment.

Finally, my baby boy Seungri. How cute is he? His terrible English and his funny accent. He's totally adorkable and I love him to death. I hope he gets more screen time as the show goes on. He's not my favorite idol but he is in my top 10. How can you not love this face?




So adorbs!

Anyway, I am off to watch the next few episodes. Maybe I'll let you know how that goes. So far, this show has been worth the time invested. I hope that continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment